ces college
Immigration Rules and Procedures

Change of Address If you move to a new address, have a new e-mail address or a new phone number, you must notify CES College within 10 days. • Fill out a Change of Address Form available at the Student Services Department. The new address should not be a P.O. Box or a friend’s address. Mailing Address: your local, residential address within the Los Angeles area during your studies at CES C ollege. This address cannot be outside the U.S. or California, an academic department or office address, or a post office box address. ■ Permanent Address: your residential address in your home country. This address cannot be a U.S. address or a post office box address. ■ E-mail Address: an e-mail address that you check regularly. Email is the primary method of communication that CES College will use to contact you for F-1 status related issues. CES College will update your SEVIS record with the new address.


Transferring Schools • If you are planning to transfer to another school, you must submit the following to CES College: 1) A completed the Transfer-Out Request Form  2) A copy of written acceptance verification (letter, fax or e-mail) from your new U.S. school•  If you are maintaining F-1 status your SEVIS record (I-20) will be released to the new school on your last day of attendance at CES College. You will need to communicate with the new school about receiving a new, transfer I-20. NOTE: students that are not meeting the requirements of the status are not eligible for transfer.


Travel and Reentry to the United States • To re-enter the U.S. in F-1 status after a short trip abroad, you must present the following documents at the port of entry: ■ Valid Passport (for at least 6 months into the future) ■ Valid F-1 Visa (Canadian citizens exempt) ■ Valid SEVIS I-20 endorsed for travel by CES College(each signature is valid for only 6 months even though the I-20 indicates one year, and must be valid at the time of re-entry to the U.S.)


Withdrawal If you do not graduate but you decide to stop studying you must discuss your plans with the DSO. You may be able to request Authorized Early Withdrawal and receive a 15-day grace period to prepare for departure from the US. If you do not discuss your plans with the school before you stop attending, you will fall out of status and will not be allowed a grace period.


You will be out of status if you: • Study less than full time. • Do not make progress in your classes • Are dismissed from CES College. • Leave CES College without notifying . • Your I-20 expires. • Your passport expires • Do not follow proper school transfer procedures.  • Work without authorization. • Do not report address, phone number or e-mail address change to CES College within 10 days of the change.


It is YOUR responsibility to be familiar with and follow all immigration rules. CES College  can help you understand the immigration rules; but CES College is not responsible if you choose not to follow them. You will face negative consequences if you break immigration rules.

Financial Aid Employment Services Job Openings

Become a Fan
You are here  : Home FAQ Immigration Regulations