Can CES College help me?
CES COLLEGE is approved to accept international students. CES College is approved to issue SEVIS I-20 forms you need to apply for student F-1 visa. We will help you with every step during your application process as we know how complicated it can be sometimes.

What does a student visa do?
Anyone coming to the U.S. with the sole intention of studying has to get a student visa.

The Immigration and National Act is very specific with regard to the requirements which must be met by applicants to qualify for the student visa. The consular officer will determine whether you qualify for the visa. Additionally, applicants must demonstrate that they properly meet student visa requirements including:

  • Have a residence abroad, with no immediate intention of abandoning that residence;
  • Intend to depart from the United States upon completion of the course of study; and
  • Possess sufficient funds to pursue the proposed course of study.

How do I apply for a student visa?
1. Send an Application to CES COLLEGE, with the registration fee, I-20 fee, High School Diploma, Passport ID page, and bank statements.

2. If your application is accepted, CES will mail you a SEVIS I-20.

3. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security requires F-1 applicants to pay a $200 fee for the SEVIS I-20. You must pay this before visa interview. You can do so on-line at Print out a temporary receipt, but you will also receive an official one in the mail, which you will need to take with you to your visa interview.

4. Make an appointment at the embassy or consulate in your country for a visa interview. It may take some months for them to schedule an interview, so apply early!

5. If you are approved you will receive a student visa after this interview.

  • Students are encouraged to apply for their visa early to provide ample time for visa processing. Students may apply for their visa as soon as they are prepared to do so.
  • Students should note that Embassies and Consulates are able to issue your student visa 120 days or less, in advance of the course of study registration date. If you apply for your visa more than 120 days prior to your start date or registration date as provided on the Form I-20, the Embassy or Consulate will hold your application until it is able to issue the visa. Consular officials will use that extra time for application processing.
  • Students are advised of the Department of Homeland Security regulation which requires that all initial or beginning students enter the U.S. 30 days or less in advance of the course of study start/report date as shown on the Form I-20. Please consider this date carefully when making travel plans to the U.S.

Can I study with a B1, B2, or F2 visa?
The most important factor is what your intention is in coming to the U.S. Anyone coming here with the sole intention of studying has to get a student visa. A B1 visa is for business, a B2 visa is for tourists, and an F2 visa is for anyone accompanying a spouse or parent who is studying in the U.S. If you are going to the U.S. primarily for tourism, but want to take a short course of study that is recreational, and the course is less than 18 hours per week, you may be able to do so on a visitor (B) visa. If your course of study is 18 hours or more a week, you will need a student visa.
The visa issuance system is set up this way for visitors to let immigration know specifically what the purpose of their visit is, and immigration does not look favorably upon anyone who misrepresents that purpose. However, this communication is only between the student and immigration.

If I enter the country with a B1, B2, or F2 visa can I change it to F1 later?
It is possible to change your status after coming to the U.S. However, it is time-consuming and very difficult to get approved.

How long can I stay in the U.S.?
The immigration officer at the Port of Entry will mark the I-94 with the length of time any non-immigrant can stay in the country. For students they will usually write D/S, which means you may stay in the country for the Duration of Status. This means you are legally allowed to stay here as long as you maintain a valid I-20, and you remain a full-time student making normal progress.

Can I go to the U.S. before my course starts?
You can enter the country up to 30 days before the date on your I-20.

What if my visa expires in the middle of my term?
The visa is only used to get to the U.S.; it does not affect your status once you are in the country. You will be in legal status as long as you remain a full-time student making normal progress in your studies and your I-20 does not expire. However, if you plan to take a vacation from your studies and leave the country and then return, you will need to renew your visa if it has expired.

Still Have Questions? Contact us and we will help you! We have representatives speaking Mandarin, Armenian, Russian, Ukrainian, Farsi, and other languages.